Monday, March 5, 2012

I will be gone to Oklahoma for a wedding from Thursday March 8 and returning Monday March 12. The shop will likely be open still on Friday and Saturday. My family is going to try and help me out but no guarantees! I am going to leave you all with a AWESOMELY delicious recipe I came across and very successfully attempted. You can alter this recipe to make many different flavors so have fun!

No Bake Energy Bars
4 Cups of oats
4 Cups of cereal (we used cocoa puffs for this recipe for the kiddos)
1 Cup of filler (we used chocolate chips but you can use nuts, raisins, etc)
2 Cups of sweetener (I used Wardyn's fresh organic honey and strongly recommend. The person I got this from suggested things like corn syrup or mapel syrup.)
1 1/2 Cups of peanut butter
Salt to taste (mine needed no salt)

Heat the sweetener and peanut butter over medium and combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the heated sweetener mix. Pour into a large pan. Refrigerate.

Cut into 2" by 2" squares. This makes each serving about 250 calories and 40 grams of carbs. A perfect dose for 60 minutes on the bike but also makes for a GREAT snack. =) Probably use something like grape nuts instead of cocoa puffs and raisins instead of choco chips if you're shooting for something healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment